Warm, Beautiful Travertine
Travertine is an attractive and versatile stone that wears well and, if properly maintained, will last a lifetime. However, it is sensitive to acidic substances, therefore vulnerable to etching, even when it is sealed. The naturally occurring holes in travertine may be filled and then honed or polished to a smooth finish or left unfilled, for a more rustic, weathered appearance.
Our Travertine Services
Our professional technicians are experienced stone refinishers, thoroughly educated and trained in identifying and resolving problems with travertine. They use only the best, time-tested products and superior equipment to clean, hone, polish, repair, and maintain your travertine floors and surfaces. Our services include:
- Cleaning – We deep clean your travertine with the appropriate cleaning agents and gentle agitation.
- Honing – We hone your travertine to smooth out scratches and dull spots or level and remove lippage (uneven edges remaining after installation), restoring it to its original luster.
- Repairing – We expertly repair damaged grout, breakthroughs, chips, and cracks, restoring the elegant appearance of your travertine floors and surfaces.
- Polishing and Maintenance – For filled travertine, we refill holes the naturally occurring holes that reappear due to traffic and usage. We polish your travertine to a visible clarity, achieving the desired shine.
- Protection – We protect your newly restored travertine with commercial-grade, durable, breathable sealers.
- Education – We educate you and/or your cleaning people on the best possible maintenance program to maintain the antique elegance of this stone.